Saturday, July 30, 2011

The bathroom project part 2

While the primer was drying on the vanity, I decided to whip up the bathroom valance. If I have not mentioned it before, I LOVE my MOM for teaching me how to sew. I made this in about 20 minutes. No pattern. The best part of this project was that the window is so small that I only needed 1/2 yard of fabric. I decided to splurge and buy a heavier cotton so that I would not feel the need to put a liner behind it. This fabric was $9.99/yard! In normal life, I would have balked at that price. Even better was that I had a 50% off coupon so the valance cost me $2.50. Yes.!
The bonus to this project was that while I was showing my hubby, I mentioned that I wanted to scrape and paint the window and he said not to bother because he is going to replace it! Yipee! That window is just yucky.....but with a pretty curtain!

No comments:

Post a Comment