Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Garage Sale Jackpot!

I stopped in at our Church rummage sale and found these not-so-lovely-but-tons-of-potential chairs.  There was a set of 5 but on all of the other ones, the weave on the backs was ripped and I was not in the mood to try to fix THAT problem.  These 2 were in the best shape so I took them home.  The guy at the rummage sale was a little concerned.  He said that they were pretty beat up and ugly.  I agreed but told him that they were just crying for my help. (Can't you hear them?)
....and seriously, they were $2 each. How could I go wrong?
After removing the seats, I taught Natalie the importance of priming.  One can of primer per chair. (She looks like a pro doesn't she?)
They looked 100% better just with the primer!

While I was waiting for the primer to dry, I decided to tackle the seats.  I bought outdoor canvas at Joann's (with a coupon, of course).  It will be less likely to fade and is a bit more weather resistant.  I decided to just cover over the vinyl/leather that was already ont he seats.  I was kinda scared of what I would find under that vinyl/leather. EEK!
All covered and pretty with the help of my lovely assistant and his trusty-dusty staple gun!
A great coat of paint and this was the end result. So pretty!!!! I think the pair of chairs ended up costing $25! LOVE THEM!
Here they are so happy in their new home!
If you are in the neighborhood, come on over and sit a spell! I'll have the iced tea ready!
And for the bench that was previously on the porch......you are next my little pretty!

3 comments:

  1. Lori those are awesome!!!!! I wish I could visualize & then make it look like that. Great Job!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job!! They look awesome!

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete